Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Behind The Scenes

About one month ago, I was approached at 360 Health Club in Tarzana, CA by one of my talented students.  She asked me if I would be interested in choreographing the 1st music video for her husband's show, "A Kid's Life."  Of course, I was very eager to learn more about the project and meet her husband, Keith Markinson, Creator / Director, in person.  At my first meeting with Keith, I viewed several clips from the touring show and was blown away immediately by the wonderful music, dancing, live performers, and costume characters.  It brought back great memories from the days when I traveled dancing professionally with Sesame Street Live playing "Prairie Dawn" and "Google the Purple Monster."  I couldn't help but smile and know before Keith explained anything further that I was his girl for the job!  I remember saying to myself, "This is so up my alley!  Keith then shared with me his website, www.akidslife.com where children are able to sing along with music from the show, play games, meet the characters of the show, and do lots lots more!  After seeing this site, I said, "Wow, if only I were a kid again."

To make a long story short or should I say, "Too late," Keith did hire me as the choreographer for his first "A Kid's Life" music video.  We hired 10 kids ranging from the ages 6 - 10 years old that were experienced in dance, singing, and acting.  We also hired the amazingly talented Mark Komlos to play the role of "Starsky."  "Starsky" is the popular dog in the show that the kids go crazy over and love.  I must say he is a lot of fun and very cute.

This past weekend, I had a total of five hours to teach the 10 kids and Mark 2 minutes and 36 seconds of choreography.  All I can say is, "WOW...what a job!"  We rehearsed Friday evening for 2 hours, Saturday for 3 hours, and then shot the music video all day Sunday.  I definitely gave these kids a great workout.  The music video was shot in Sun Valley, CA.  It is was a lot of work with little time, but we got it done.  I am so impressed with everyone's work ethics.  It truly was an amazing experience.  Thank you to EVERYONE that was involved...we did it!

What are the next steps?  The editing begins, final tweaks on the website, and the buzz starts going about "A Kid's Life."  Please be patient and stay tuned to view the first "A Kid's Life" music video choreographed by me, Ilyse Baker.  It is going to be a hit!  Watch out you tube because "A Kid's Life" music video WILL be the next video to get millions of hits.  Please take a moment to view some of our fabulous pictures below from the shoot.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. cute kids... cute pics... can't wait to see video. see ya at Jazz. carol f.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you're so great with kids! glad to see you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete