Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swap Your Focus

Have you ever asked yourself the simple question, "What is my gym philosophy?" 

Do you go to the gym to lift weights?  Swim?  Run on the treadmill?  Take group exercise classes or do you even go to the gym at all?  For me personally, I have no excuse about going to the gym...it's my job.  Yes, I get paid to workout and I love it!  Those of course are great reasons, but in all honesty I wouldn't be the person I am today if I did not exercise.  It is a place to release which is the BEST feeling in my life.  Staying healthy, fit, and looking good are all bonuses to working out in my opinion.  I believe that each person needs to find the exercise that works best for them.  Working out should never be a chore!

This past Tuesday, after my Dance Party class at 360 Health Club, I learned something very interesting from a couple of my students. They were leaving the studio saying these words,  "Ilyse's classes are all amazing.  I never feel like I am exercising.  So what are your intentions of going to the gym?"  "Who cares...it so much fun and that is why I get my butt in the gym!  Her classes have changed my gym philosophy."

Some of these individuals come to the gym on a regular basis to tone, tighten, and blast fat.  Some others come because it keeps them healthy and fit.  While chit chatting and listening to them after class, they came to the conclusion that since joining my classes their focus has switched.  These people experience a sense of fitness, an increase of energy, a clarity of mind, and an overall happy outlook on life.  More comments were made to me,  "I come to the gym to stay healthy, but then when I get to your classes, all I do is have fun.  My focus has switched. I realize not only am I having fun, getting exercise, burning calories, clearing my mind, but I become a brand new person."

With all that said and done, I, Ilyse Baker fulfilled my job.  These people get me, my classes, and what being healthy is all about.  I challenge you to take a good look at your normal work out routine and now spice it up a bit.  Do something different, step out of your comfort zone, and I promise you too will swap your focus.

3 comments:

  1. Before I discovered you and your classes I wasn't doing anything for my health or for fun. It's been 11 weeks of dancing with you and now I can't imagine not doing your class. What is so sad is that I didn't know you sooner because I could have been dancing, sweating and having a great time long before this. But I am thankful to have found you and without sounding like a stalker...you'll be seeing me for a very very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the stalker in you Aleen. :) You are the BEST and I am so proud of the results you are getting. I am so glad that you found me too and I better see you for a VERY VERY VERY long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to keep the fun in mind to get myself to the gym. Wish I lived close enough to take your classes all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete